Welcome to our practice!
We have reserved this time especially for you and cannot wait to get to know you and your family. At Brookpointe Dental, we’re proud to offer modern dentistry because it can improve your smile’s health and provide long-term, life-enhancing benefits. How do we do this?
We encourage you to download our patient forms right from our website. Then, feel free to fill them out in your home! If you rather come to our office to fill out forms, we ask you arrive 15 minutes before your appointment.
How can you prepare for your first visit? We’re happy to provide a step-by-step guide on what you can expect to experience on your first visit with the team!
For your first visit, we do ask you bring the following with you:
See what you can expect at your first visit!
‘‘ I LOVE Dr. Duncan and his staff!!! I have been referring friends to them for years!!! They are ultra professional in everything they do, and patient comfort is their priority. ’’
Tracy G., Actual Patient
- What is your cancellation policy?
We ask for the courtesy of 24-hours notice if you cannot keep your appointment. A CANCELLATION FEE will be assessed if an appointment is canceled with LESS THAN 24-hours notice AND/OR is MISSED. We also ask you notify our office if you will be late. Late patients can be seen only at the discretion of our office staff and doctor so as not to inconvenience other patients.
- What is your insurance policy?
Our office accepts assignment of benefits from most benefit plans (primary insurance only) and professionally processes the necessary claim forms.
We ask that you carefully read your policy to be sure that you are fully aware of the many restrictions that are continually being applied to services provided. You are fully responsible for any portion that is not covered by your insurance policy.
Our courtesy services to you include:
- Filing your insurance within 24 hours of your visit and requesting payment of your benefit to our office.
- Assisting in researching your dental insurance plan to advise you of benefits available to you.
- Re-filing your insurance a second time at 30 days and a final time at 60 days.
- Following the American Dental Associate Guidelines for coding procedures and filing insurance.
Our expectations of you as the owner of the policy:
- Payment of fees not covered by your insurance plan at the time the services are rendered.
- Understanding that the insurance policy belongs to you and we have no leverage to obtain payment from your insurance carrier.
- Taking responsibility for payment if the insurance company does not pay our office within 60 days.
- Keeping our office informed of any changes in your insurance coverage or employment.
- What is your financial policy?
- We are happy to file PRIMARY insurance claims as a courtesy to our patients. Secondary insurance claims will NOT be accepted as primary insurance co-payments. However, our office can assist you with the necessary information needed to complete the secondary insurance claim.
- At the time of service, please note that you are expected to pay any primary insurance copayment, primary insurance deductible or other “out of pocket” amounts not payable by primary insurance. Service charges of 1½ percent will be applied to account balances outstanding after 60 days. Balances not satisfied within 90 days will be sent to Nationwide Credit.
- Our office can assist with primary insurance pre-determination(s). A processing fee will be assessed per primary insurance pre-determination.
- Will I get a cleaning at my first appointment?
A professional cleaning can be scheduled in conjunction with the new patient examination. Professional cleanings are permitted only after the patient has completed the new patient examination and x-ray update appointment. Please allow an additional hour for the professional cleaning.
- Are you accepting new patients?
Absolutely! We always look forward to meeting new patients. Whether you’re looking for your dental home that will provide regular cleaning and exams or to help you get out of pain, we are here to help!
- How soon will you be able to get me in?
For an emergency, we will do our best to see you soon. For a routine visit, depending on the flexibility of your schedule and ours, we will usually try to get you in as soon as our schedule allows.